Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mac and Cheese Monotony

My daughter is keeping me in line! I should rent her out to Weight Watchers corporate. We went to my friend Heather's to have a Halloween playdate with Zach and Isabelle this morning. We were headed home for lunch, and thoughts of hot salty golden fries were dancing through my head. I thought better of it, and turned in to our alley. I was about to open the garage door, when I leaned my head on the steering wheel, unable to motivate myself to get us into the house to eat leftover macaroni and cheese, AGAIN. I started to drive past our driveway, and head to White Castle or somewhere, anywhere, when a shriek arises from the back seat, "Where Are You GOING???!?!!!" "Mommy was just kidding; let's get inside for another fulfilling home-cooked meal."

I have to write several things down that A has said lately, just so I can look back on this and remember how much fun she was as a 2 1/2 year old. I know it may seem like I'm bragging about how amazing and cute and clever I think my babies are, but I'm doing this blog pretty much to keep a record of what our days were like back in 2006, and this is what I want to remember, so please indulge me (or stop reading this- I don't care- it's my blog.)

Mike came downstairs the other night after doing A's bedtime routine to report, "your daughter requested that we pray for restaurants." Is that a comment on my cooking, or what?

She also said when we were reading Eat Your Peas, Ivy Louise, that the ringmaster of the sweet pea circus shouldn't stand on the other peas' heads, as they are set to be catapulted out the kitchen window on a spoon; "look at that guy, standing on their heads, that is unpleasant."

Also, A asks, "what's that all about?" and says that her brother is, "freaking out of his head." And yesterday when I had to wake her up from her nap at 5:30, and it was dark out already, "where has our day gone?"

1 comment:

JenyB said...

I love what A is saying and I feel the same way at 5:30 PM but I haven't woken up from a nap!! B in the wagon is priceless.