Monday, October 02, 2006

Gorgeous Day!

October 2004
October 2005- the famous "cheeseface"
October 2005- A at Emma Krumbee's in Belle Plaine, MN

The beautiful sunshine and warmth were welcome companions as the kids and I walked the Northern trail at the zoo this morning. We got to the zoo bright and early, and watched the 10 am dolphin show, did the outside animals, and then headed to Mike's office to whisk him off to lunch. We lunched at Quizno's, and a good time was had by all. Mike is going to a going-away happy hour for a co-worker, so I am on my own with the kids for supper tonight. I think I'm feeling like popcorn...

We are going to Fort Dodge, Iowa this weekend for my cousin Pat's wedding reception. We are staying in a family cabin at a nearby state park. I am looking forward to plenty of fresh air, campfires, and walks in the woods. Hopefully A will agree to a ride in the backpack carrier, otherwise it will be a pretty slow, and short, walk with her on foot.

School continues to be lots of fun for both A and myself. Most moms in the class actually have older children; there are only a few of us with younger babes at home, so maybe there will be a lot to learn from the seasoned veterans. Our house is quickly filling up with artwork. Luckily Christmas is coming up- we'll have plenty of wrapping paper without ever having to buy any at the store.

I am planning on a family day at the apple orchard next Monday, since Mike has Columbus Day off from work. Otherwise, we don't have too much going on- just a happy hour in the works for Thursday night. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Hope said...

I can hardly believe how quickly they are growing up!