Friday, October 27, 2006

Preserving Memories is Hard Work!

Not too much going on this week, yet I've been too busy to get a post up. Mike and I had a great time at the Gin Blossoms/Shawn Colvin/Josh Kelley show at the Fine Line on Saturday night with Danielle, Mark, Hope and Chad. And I don't know what the other girls' blogs are talking about- we are NOT old, and it wasn't hard to stay out that late! In fact, I think we should get together and do wild and crazy things like that more often! I'll plan the next event...

Our little A has been having such a good time at gymnastics class. She really has surprised me- now she is comfortable enough at the Little Gym, that she steps right up to do the demonstration of the skill of the week! She also reminds Teacher Lise about the order of things in class- now it's time for circle time, next jingle bells, next bubbles, and don't forget stamps (for her hands and bare feet)!

Wednesday, the kids in A's class wore their Halloween costumes to class. They were all so cute! Some moms remembered their cameras, so I do have a picture of them. I'll have to ask the rest of the class if it's okay to post it on my blog. Tomorrow is the Pumpkin Party. We went last year with Danielle, Charlie and George, and had a great time. This year Mike will be able to come with us too. I don't know if we will get B dressed as a chick or not- it's A's costume, and he is bigger than she was at her first Halloween, taller at least.

Mike and I enjoyed watching our friend Jeny from Texas on the Rachael Ray show this week. She was in the segment on progressive dinners, if you happened to catch the show. It was surreal seeing someone I know on TV! Good job B!

And this brings me to the title of today's post... Last night we had our family portrait taken. It was absolutely exhausting! We went to Pencil & Lens (www.pencilandlens.com), an in-home studio in Prior Lake. Joannie and Bob were the nicest couple- and so patient! I decided to go this route, rather than get pictures taken at JC Penney as I have in the past, because of A's severe dislike of the camera lately, and her issues with sitting anywhere near her brother. These factors make getting a nice picture of our family nearly impossible. I think we might have gotten a few shots where we were able to trick A into smiling for at least a millisecond, and hopefully the rest of us were looking at the camera too! I'll let you know if any of them turn out. Trying to get a picture of my babies together is definitely going to be a biannual event only! No more pictures of A until she's three! (B, on the other hand, was his usual jovial, drooly self.)

Happy Eight Months to my darling little B! You are such a joy in our lives. B is getting very, very close to creating some kind of locomotion technique. He is pushing up on his knees a little, and moving his feet. And he finally rolled from belly to back yesterday! I thought he was going to skip that skill entirely, and just move on to crawling, pulling up, and walking. Also, B is getting back to being a better sleeper at night. He is also going down for more regular naps during the day- they are looking to be about a 10 am nap, and after lunch when A naps. Yay! I might have a return of some sanity.

Here's to a great weekend!

No comments: