Saturday, October 21, 2006

Pear Mojito- Yum!

Drink It - One can drink too much, but one never drinks enough

We had a really great time last night at our friends Chad and Karen's house. They had a dinner party, and invited the gang (UMM housemates) and their wives and girlfriends. Chad made some excellent pear mojitos- see above recipe. But be careful- they are so drinkable! Or as Karen, who works in the restaurant biz, said- they would refer to a drink like this as a "patio poundable." A and B stayed at Grandma's house, and we were able to stay out late relatively guilt-free, because Steve, Bridget, and Maren came into town last night, and stayed at Mom and Dad's, so they stayed up with B until we got there. We picked up the kids after midnight, transferred to carseats relatively easily, and got them into bed without any fuss!

Tonight is another night of reckless abandon- Mom is staying overnight at our place with the babies, so we can go see the Gin Blossoms at the Fine Line Music Cafe. Too bad I don't have anything cool to wear, to match my new look. Yesterday, I had a wonderful spa day at Juut Salonspa in Wayzata- a gift from my loving husband for our 7th wedding anniversary. I started the day with a rejuvenating facial, then color/makeup/cut. Yay! Maybe I'll post a picture of the new 'do... Have a great rest of the weekend- I will!

1 comment:

JenyB said...

I could use a tasty drink like that! Flinn is either sick or teething and spent the weekend screaming and throwing things. I could really, REALLy use that drink.