Monday, October 16, 2006

Diagnosis: Bronchiolitis

Last night was the straw that broke Mommy Camel's back. B cried from about midnight until 3. At 3 I exclaimed to Mike, "tomorrow I am calling the doctor!" I then went down downstairs and sat amidst all of our boxes and junk and read a really bad book until about 5, when I went back upstairs. Yes, B was still crying, so I nursed him sitting up in bed until about 7:30 when A woke up and B woke up soon after. That was the start of our day. I was able to get a 10:40 appt, where B had perfectly healthy pearly white tympanic membranes. Arrghhghgh! Otitis Media would have been such a welcome illness. But no, we have a lame diagnosis which may very well stretch out another 2-3 weeks! Yippy! We did get the wonderful advice of, put a few books under his mattress, so he'll breathe a little easier.

A bonus of today's appointment was that A and I both got our flu shots taken care of for the season. A was such a trooper- not even a whimper or frown when she got her shot in the thigh. Tomorrow is gymnastics class for A, she is really excited, and keeps asking what day it is, because she knows that we go to The Little Gym on Tuesday.

1 comment:

JenyB said...

Now how did B catch bronchiolitis from Miss F all the way up there in MN?