Thursday, October 05, 2006

This and That- Lost notes

1. Mike and I have to start watching Lost on Wednesday nights, otherwise we have to hide from the world at large until we get around to watching it. Danielle and I had an abbreviated phone conversation today for fear of her divulging key plot twists; I peeked at B's blog and saw that it also discussed yesterday's season premiere.

On a more fun LOST note however, are some more neat things we learned last night while watching the Lost Survival Guide. Like for example: 4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42 = 108!
Woah. They also showed a scene from when Hurley was riding a scooter through the airport, he went past a volleyball (or some sport of teenaged girls) team and they were standing around in a group, and their jersey numbers, in a line were, yup, you guessed it...

2. Innocence Lost. Tuesday evening I poured myself a luscious cup of Mountain Dew on ice, and left it sitting on the coffee table for a moment when I went into another room for some reason. Mike walks into the room, and I hear, "Annie, what are you doing?" A puts down my cup, and says, "mmmm, tasty-- like lemonade!" Now you know how I feel about JUICE, imagine- she didn't have juice, and not just pop, but the champagne of all pops- my toddler did the Dew! She has never had a sip of any kind of carbonated beverage before, never shown any interest in trying it, and here we are, with her guzzling it! Never again. Please don't chide me about this, I feel bad enough as it is.

I did my grocery shopping for the Iowa cabin camping weekend last night; tonight will be our packing night. Other than packing, I plan on cooking a little Rachael Ray meal to snack on, when we return this evening from some family errand running: toasted spinach and cheese ravioli with tomato/garlic/roasted red pepper dipping sauce, mozzarella sticks, and garlicky broccolini. I've never tried broccolini before- I'll let you know what I think next post.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I don't think there is anything you can do about A liking the Dew, it must be in her blood. Next time she sees you having it for breakfast she'll be saying "me too".