Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I Love Them Redheads

Dumped the kids off in Prior Lake with G&G and it was off to the mall to buy a shiny shirt and tight jeans, stop at home to shower and fluff the chest hair, dig out the gold chains, and splash on some Brut. What a night at the clubs! As the great Alicia Bridges once sang, "I love the night life. I got to Boogie."

Seriously, do/did people do that? I loved Saturday Night Fever and Tony Manero as much as the next guy, but....

Actually, it was a good night. To whom it may concern, there was a UMM alumni event at the St. Paul Saints baseball game tonight and I was there, thanks to the chauffeuring efforts of Team Enslin/Kenney. First Saints game for me since the Summer of '99. Not much better than bad baseball, cold beer, perfect MN summer evening weather, and old friends. Made me remember fondly our days at UMM. For those enlightened few, ergo the "Dazed and Confused" reference for this blog post. I don't know how many times we watched that movie. Not by coincidence, I'm sure the UMM alumni association also mandated that the beers at the game be poured in clear plastic glasses and sold for a price of $4. However, I think they forgot to tell the concessions people that UMM alums could walk up to the keg for refills whenever they wanted one. Imagine my shock when they expected me to pay $4 every time. TJ and Skippy would have had much smaller crowds on Thursday nights if they ran that type of operation.

We can't wait for mommy to come home. Study hard and refresh that medical memory for the upcoming board exam. Then I can implement Phase 2 of my diabolical plan - Operation Early Retirement. Mommy works, kids go to school, daddy stays home to: 1) play fastpitch and 2) practice for the next World Series of Pop Culture. For those readers of Milk & O's not in the know, the World Series of Pop Culture is on VH1 and is the greatest game show of all time. I need a team of 3. Assuming myself and a certain someone currently residing in Houston are in, I need a 3rd. Preferrably someone who knows music post-1998. I can't take what the kids listen to these days.

2 comments:

Stokes said...

So, I assume that you and B were staying up late, tossin' back a few, and were able to see Bonds' 756th... Ha-ha. We were in the middle of trimming out our kitchen island, but luckily we heard the commotion and TIVO came to the rescue. Not that I am really that excited for Barry, but it IS history... Way to go with the man-blogs! You rock!

Stokes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.