Thursday, August 09, 2007

"Holy fast weeks Batman!" / "On the contrary Boy Wonder, it was only five nights."


Well, it has been a good run. Mommy gets back tomorrow and The Daddy Solo Experiment is about to end. No major injuries, no appointments missed, sanity well intact, house still standing, and I'm still interested in Operation Early Retirement/stay-at-home-dad status.

The only thing we didn't get done this week was to get over to Maher/Klukow Estates so that A&B could play with the 3 Kings. Sounds like a good thing though. Illness has stricken the royal family. Get better soon little Henry.

We also have a seasoned TV personality in the family. A's gymnastics class was featured on Channel 11 today at 4 p.m. Some fluff piece on fighting summer boredom with your kids. Check out the replay online at www.kare11.com/onlive. Click on the "Kid Boredom Buster" picture in the middle of the screen in the video window. A has a cameo doing a perfectly executed forward roll. There is a few other random A sightings too if you pay close enough attention, but I'm sure to the typical observer it just looks like controlled chaos and all the kids look the same. If you pay extra attention you can even see yours truly and B milling around the observation lobby. I'm still kicking myself for not getting it on TiVo though. Silly daddy.

I've enjoyed the week in blogoshpere, especially reading everyone else's blogs. I'll have to make that a more regular practice since apparently no one keeps up with each other's current events via the spoken word anymore. It's blogtastic!

Stay cool in blogland everyone. As for me, it's back to being a lazy, softball addicted, inattentive, stereotypical dad who gets the luxury of leaving the house every day for the heaven of corporate life.

In closing, I'd like to thank the academy and the coutless individuals who helped me throughout the week. Team Enslin/Kenney - couldn't have done it without you. Teacher Lisa - A raves about Fun In The Sun. G&G Jacques - the overnight with the kids on Tuesday was critical to the flawless execution of The Daddy Solo Experiment. All you other bloggers out there - you know who you are - you were my window to the outside world. Anheuser Busch - how could I almost forget you. You are the best. Kate - thank you for believing in me and giving me this wonderful opportunity. And Marquette - your continued financial support is the straw that stirs the drink. Thanks again everyone. I love you all.

This is Bloggy Bloggerson blogging out.

3 comments:

slarsen said...

A and B are famous! Dad too! I spotted A a few times - and by the way, beautifully done forward roll. What a pro. Genius and coordinated! B and Dad looked to be having fun too. What a big week!

Sarah

Hope said...

Well done my friend, well done. I hope it doesn't take the kids much more than a week or so to come down off their daddy high.

Katie said...

Thanks for doing such a great job at home this past week. And as a bonus, you've effectively curbed my blogging. No, I'm only kidding, I'll keep blogging, but it will be hard to fight the pressure you've created to post such entertaining, witty content.