Friday, July 28, 2006

A Weekend at Home

Another weekend at home! I'm so excited! We are going to get the downstairs bathroom finished- once and for all. Just a little touch up paint, buy a dresser/cabinet for towels and extra toilet paper, and hang some pics, then wall-ah (sp?), done!

We had so much fun last night, out on a real grown-up date! We went to the UMM young alumni event at Babalu restaurant in the warehouse dist. We had a few drinks (sex on the beach and a mojito), and had a salsa lesson. The only bad part was that some guy (not my husband, nor my friend Becky's husband) stepped on my toes, and tore my big toenail halfway off. It smarts! Good thing I'm hangin' with a podiatrist next weekend!

Our babysitters did an excellent job, and didn't look too traumatized. We were surprised to see A sleeping on a quilt on the living room floor, and B wide awake, holding court and entertaining from his bouncy chair, but other than a few wrinkles in the general plan, things went smoothly, and a wonderful time was had by all. I hope to go out again sometime soon!

One funny thing A said yesterday was, "mommy's going out- mommy's going out with Hope." I don't know where she got that, or where she thought daddy was going, but she was sure that I was going to go out with my friend Hope last night. She also had questions about what was that thing in my hair (a headband), and where were my glasses, and commented that I smelled nice (I guess I usually don't?!)

Mike and I are on disc 3 of Lost, season 1. I'm afraid we didn't time things out right, with the weekend and all, because we'll be done with the disc by the end of tonight, and then what are we going to do on Saturday and Sunday nights? Aaghghh- why doesn't the mail get delivered on Sundays, too?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hey, I recognize Bennett's outfit, very cute!