Monday, July 28, 2008

Easing my way back in....

Don't expect miracles, and for sure don't be holding your breath for witty repartee. I am exhausted. After a refreshing, low-key visit to see Jen, Ben, and Andy, we had a fun family camping trip in Paynesville, MN. This was followed by another weekend of camping/fastball tournament in Preston, MN. That last day in Preston was what did me in, I think.

Annalise started summer school for the next two weeks- the theme is Art Week- totally up her alley. We have been doing some car shopping over the past several days. Not totally sure of what we're looking for, but I think when it happens, it's going to happen quickly (like going into labor with your third baby??). Today on the way to checking out an area car dealer, we told Annalise that we were going to stop at Byerly's to pick up some dinner, rather than go to a restaurant. I think it would be hard to be Annalise, since she makes things seem so difficult, but maybe it comes naturally to her. She came up with an instant reason why we shouldn't go to Byerly's, since her preference is always to go to a restaurant. Without skipping a beat, she said, "but Byerly's smells." "What, Byerly's smells? (I'm sure they'd love to hear that); What does it smell like?" "Tilapia." I guess it really must to her, because she didn't forget about the conversation on our way through Edina. She hit the grocery cart, and had her nose plugged with her fingers the whole time we were in there. "See what I mean?" Annalise said.

P.S. Annalise requested white rice from Byerly's for supper. Annalise would like to move somewhere where she could eat rice everyday. She thinks Russia would be just the place.

1 comment:

cynthia said...

Annalise is so smart! I didn't know what tilapia was until last year!Funny how the kids are split on the presidency! Too cute!