Wednesday, February 14, 2007

You know it's bad when...

your mom calls to ask if you've blogged since the 6th. So here goes...

A has inherited my drama queen tendencies- we were on our way to gymnastics yesterday, and were stopped at a red light in the left hand turn lane (at Texas Ave on Hwy 7- awful light!) She says, "we are going to be at this red light FOREVER!!!" which is what I was thinking, but she said it out loud.

Mike and I went to the Edina Family Center Winter Gala (Mike and I called it Mommy Prom) on Friday night. It was very nice to wear a nice black dress, high heels, red nail polish, and have the valet park the car, if only for one night. We then went to Okabena on Saturday morning, to help cut up a cow and a hog. We're going to have to have a pork chop party- our freezer is now full! A had a ball playing with her cousins, and it's always nice for the kids to see Grandpa and Grandma F.

We had a very nice Valentine's day at school today. It was very exciting to come home, and look through all of A's valentines from her classmates, and to read the Valentine card she got in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa J. Mike tells me he is planning on bringing some Thai take out home for our dinner tonight, so it looks like it will be a hot one at our house on 2/14!!

I'll leave you with a picture I took last night. A was playing with her alphabet puzzle and word cards while Mike and I were getting dinner ready, and Mike peeked in on her. He nudges me, and tells me to take a look at our daughter. I look around the corner and A tells me how she spelled SOCK all by herself, and proudly exclaimed, " but I spelled it with a U!"

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That's hilarious!!!!!