Monday, February 26, 2007

Greetings from the Sick House

One or more of us has been feeling icky/sick/rundown for the past two weeks. This weekend was definitely overshadowed by A's gastrointestinal distress. The quilt on her bed, along with various beloved stuffed animals, blankets, sheets, and pajamas were thrown in the washing machine multiple times over the past three days, and the carpet cleaner was plugged in to charge up for duty.
B had his 12 month well child visit today. Dr. Radtke said not to worry if he isn't even walking by 15 months. He had two vaccinations, and blood drawn for hemoglobin and lead levels, and took it all like a trooper. For everyone out there, always commenting on how big B is, he weighed in under 20 pounds, and is in the 15% for weight, so take that!

I am gearing up for first birthday party preparations this week. B's party is with family on Sunday. I am planning on ordering a cake from Byerly's, since I've heard from more than one person that they give you a free birthday cake for a first birthday. For those of you who remember A's first birthday cake- haven't I come a long way??? My standards have totally bottomed out with this secondborn child. I'm looking forward to seeing B play with (well, at least near) his cousin Maren from Madison, who is 3 months younger. Mike will be in Phoenix for work from Wednesday through Friday. A has her first dentist visit on Thursday morning. Saturday is the Edina Family Center's Winter Party, and we are planning on attending. Otherwise, we just have school and gymnastics like usual this week. Have a good one!


p.s. I watched the Oscars last night mostly by myself, about 30 minutes behind so I could fast forward through dumb stuff, and was amazed that I actually saw one of the nominees for best picture (Little Miss Sunshine), since I so rarely get to go to a movie theatre! Now I'd like to see The Departed.

2 comments:

cynthia said...

The Departed is soooo Good! Loved Leonardo!! Yummy!

JenyB said...

Boo! Eddie Murphy was robbed! So sorry to hear about sickness. Wishing you good health up there.