Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Garden Girl

We've been having a lot of fun outside these past few days. I think we're going to have a great time swimming as much as we can this summer. I am planning on taking swimming lessons with A again this summer, while my mom comes along to watch with B. Our summer calendar is starting to fill up already, with plenty of trips planned to Wisconsin for softball and baby showers. And that's not even counting the trips we'll want to make to Madison once Bridget and Steve have their baby. She is due on the 15th, and apparently her feet and neck look like Shrek. Oh I remember the fun of edema!

We have been stuck at 4 stickers on the 5 sticker potty award chart for several days now. She has decreased the frequency of sitting on the potty, and she hasn't gone the times that she has sat down. Oh well, it will come in time. One exciting thing that happened today was that A took a bath in the big bathtub! She has always hated baths, since she was just a baby, so we got an inflatable duck that you set in the tub, and bathe her in there. She wanted to spread out and swim, so we lost the duck- finally! She went swimming at the club with Grandpa and Grandma this weekend, and ever since that's all we've been talking about- blowing bubbles in the water, going underwater, etc.

If we ever stay home on a weekend, I'd like to get my pansies potted. I'd also like to plant some basil, for making pesto. However, this is the weekend we are headed to Madison, because I am sure that Bridget will have her baby while we are there. Oh, and Mike is playing in a fastpitch tournament there too.

An early Happy Mother's Day to all of the mommies I know! Keep up the good work! I was supposed to go grocery shopping tonight, but just can't muster the energy to do so, so I may venture out with both babies tomorrow. Wish me luck! I am still very hesitant to go out with both of them in tow, but I'm sure I'll get better at it as time goes by.

No comments: