Monday, January 16, 2006

Hot Child in the City

Today is day 5 of A's fever. We are loading her up with Tylenol and Motrin every four hours around the clock, and it is doing a good job of keeping the 104 temp under control. Tomorrow we will win the hat trick award at the pediatrician's office, since we've visited every day since Sunday. Sunday poor A had blood drawn for a CBC and blood cultures, today she had a urine cath, and who knows what tomorrow will bring. Her cheerful behavior at home saved her from a spinal tap at today's visit. Mike and I are exhausted, mostly from the stress of having a sick child. It's no fun. A has been allowed to watch as much 'tubbies as she wants, and I even let her have JUICE! (If you know me, you know that I view juice as the beverage of the devil- just kidding.)

Mike leaves for Orlando on Wednesday for a softball tournament, so he is hoping that we will have some kind of conclusion to A's illness before he leaves. I am looking forward to a girls' weekend away, and also hope that A is back to her good old self before I leave her in the care of my parents.

No comments: