Thursday, January 05, 2006

Conservatory field trip

A and I walked around the conservatory at the Como Zoo today. It was nice to feel the humidity, and not wear a coat. We shared an order of fries, and now she is down for a (hopefully) long nap. When we got back from the Mall of America yesterday, there was a message on the machine from the midwifes' office. I failed my glucose tolerance test, so I have to take the three hour glucose challenge. I had to do it last pregnancy too, and it sucked. The glucola you have to drink is sickeningly sweet, and it made me really nauseous on an empty stomach. Mike is taking tomorrow morning off, so we can hang out at the hospital as a family! Woohoo. We don't have any plans for the weekend, but sometimes that is even better than having something fun planned. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I hope you pass the next test, I don't think you'd survive on the diabetic diet. Great idea going to the Conservatory, I need to get there because I think my SAD is starting to kick in, where is the damn sun!!!

JenyB said...

I used to make my Tang extra strong and syrupy. Maybe that's why I liked that orangey gluclose drink. Hope you pass