Tuesday, January 02, 2007

StokesYear's Eve: Laid Back-

...sippin' on gin and juice (or organic fruit malt beverage- Peels, contributed by Stokes). Happy StokesYear's Eve to All! Our dear friend Jen had to return to Oregon on the 29th, so once again we had to celebrate New Year's early. We were graced with the presence of our children, so needless to say our activities were a bit restricted.

After hanging out at Hope's house, Mike dropped me off at the Radisson downtown, as my dad gave me a free night stay voucher which expired at the end of 2006, and I didn't want it to go to waste. Also, I had had an absolutely terrible Thursday, handling others' (A's and B's) bodily wastes- not fun. My hotel stay was really relaxing. I have never stayed at a hotel alone, and wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, but it was really peaceful. I read in bed, tried to discover what my sleep number is (jury is still out- I tried 80, I tried 35...), took a luxurious shower in the morning and shaved my legs, and got to blow dry my hair all the way dry- woah. Mike came downtown with the kids in the morning, and we went to lunch at Ike's, did some shopping, and went to the Mary Poppins display on the 8th floor of Dayton's (Macy's :( ).

We met my parents for lunch at Chipotle on Saturday, and then went to the club to swim. Other than every other family in Savage, MN having the same idea, we had a really nice time. B just loves to splash, and be pulled through the water, and A got pretty good at jumping in off the side of the pool without holding on to Mike or me.

No comments: