Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas from Milk and O's!

We are back, and trying to crawl out from under the pile of Christmas gifts we brought home with us. We went down to Okabena on Friday after school, went to Great Grandma F's for the big family gathering on Saturday, opened gifts with Mike's family on Sunday morning, then drove to my parents' house to change and head to 4 o'clock mass. We had dinner and put the kids to bed, then played a game of Apples to Apples. We then opened more gifts on Christmas morning at Grandma and Grandpa J's. Bridget, Steve, and Maren left before lunch to get to their other grandma's, and we spent the day lollygagging at my parents' house in our pajamas. Monday evening, we finally got motivated to pack all of our stuff up and head back home. Mom and Dad followed behind, so they could watch the kids open presents from Santa at our house. What a marathon! All in all, it was a very nice Christmas, and it was fun to watch the kids' excitement.
It's been a tough transition back to being at home by myself, after a nice span of days being with other adults. Bridget and Steve stopped by for a visit yesterday afternoon, which was nice to spend some more time with Maren. She is such a funny little growler. She has a form of a crawl down, but backwards is her only direction. B was on all fours last week, and has been pulling up the past few days. He kind of grunts in frustration when sitting by himself, like he knows there is more he can be doing, he just can't figure out how to go about it. After sleeping terribly all weekend when we were away from home, the past two nights have been heavenly! He has skipped his 5:30/6 am nursing, and has been holding off until after 7, then going back to sleep until around 9 am!
Danielle says I should write more about myself instead of just my babies, so I'll try. I am going to complete a quick online CME once I'm done with this post, since I'm feeling the pressure of recertifying this year. I'm thinking of doing the take home exam, rather than taking the board exam online, but the take home option requires additional CME credits, and costs more. Well worth it, I think.
I am unsure what to think about my current hairstyle. I went for the bangs back in October, but if they are not cut above my eyebrows, they drive me insane! Also, they grow out so quickly, that it doesn't really fit with my usual trend of haircuts every 6-9 months or so. Haircuts every 6-8 weeks, are you nuts??!!? I'll keep practicing with the blowdryer, and see how it goes.
I'm planning on getting a handle on my eating, now that Christmas is over. I know, I know, such a cliche. Oh well, at least I'll be in good company. I haven't figured out yet how to get to the club- when Mike gets home, I don't want to rush out the door to workout, I'd rather hang out with him and the babies...so I'm going to work on my diet for starters. NO MORE NON-DIET POP! At least until I've lost the amount of weight I want to lose- then we'll see if I can learn the definition of moderation.
I got a Kitchen Aid mixer from my lovely children this Christmas, which also doesn't fit with the lose weight theme, since I can whip up cookies, cake batters, and pie crusts in a flash, but I'm very excited about the mixer none the less. I've wanted one for a very long time.
Hope you all had a wonderful time with your families at Christmastime; now, let's have a Rockin' 2007!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

No comments: