Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Made It!

I have been avoiding posting to the blog, since writing about my past week would make me relive it, and I'd rather not. Mike was out of town, enjoying his birthday and Christmas present combined, which was a trip to Orlando to play fastpitch. I had friends and family who really helped me survive the 5 day stretch. I wouldn't have made it without dinner at Hope's and Chad's on Thursday night, Danielle's on Friday night, dinner made by my parents at my house on Saturday, and visiting my parents' house on Sunday. Thanks everyone!!!!

We had a visit to the pediatrician on Thursday afternoon for B's red hot infected index finger. He was given a week's worth of Keflex TID, and plenty of finger soaking (yah, right), and it was looking worse yesterday, but all of a sudden today it looks like it is improving, so I think I'll avoid a repeat visit to the Dr. for now. I think splashing in the bathtub last night really helped. B has become quite the diaper changing wrestler lately. He also has been trying to pull up like crazy, and he loves to be standing, holding on to hands. I think he's figured out that crawling is only a temporary measure, so why waste time learning that when you could work on walking instead?!

A and I are going to have some mother/daughter time tonight, with a new session of gymnastics. If you haven't seen A receiving her medal yet, check out the video clip on the bottom of the page. We used to go to gymnastics on Tuesday mornings, and Mike would come watch A, and take care of B, but now that we've switched to evenings, I think it will just be the girls. Too bad for Mike though, since it is really fun to watch A's athletic feats.

Mike is going to bring the kids home from the gym tonight, and I'm going to Danielle's, so we can start our new hobby. We are going to make Christmas scrapbooks. We've already been to Archiver's, and purchased some basic materials and our new albums, of course. I think A especially will enjoy looking through the book when I get it out before Christmas this year with the rest of the Christmas stuff that she enjoyed so much this past year. Christmas ONLY- I think it will be less daunting if I stick to something very specific. I think it is going to be fun to look back through the years, and see how we've changed/how our decorating/wardrobes, etc. change over time.

1 comment:

JenyB said...

I couldn't leave a comment below on the video but it choked me up. She's so cute and every time I hear that Olympic Fanfare, I am 10 years old, pretending to be Mary Lou Retton with Olympic dreams of my own ('til I realized I was a bit too chunky and scared to be a true gymnast)