Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday

School was fun yesterday. It has been hard trying to figure out what A really thinks of school yet. I think it's going to take her a while to decide that she likes it; as for me, it will be really nice to have a few hours with A in class and B in sibling care, to discuss parenting topics with other moms. B did really well in sibling care. I think he loved all the uninterrupted attention. He had a bottle at 10, and actually napped from 10:15-10:45, which really surprised me, since I didn't think he'd nap while there. He was in the exersaucer when I came to pick him up, just beaming. I was told that the other kids came up to him while he was in the 'saucer, and that he just loved that. I bet. He is already so enamored with A, and with Shug. They are quite interesting, I would imagine, to a six month old.

Mike and I are finishing up Lost, with disc 4 arriving in the mail today. We watched the first episode of ER from last season last night, I think it is a good idea to not have anything on your Tivo for longer than a year. Hopefully we'll be able to tear through the rest of the season (20 more episodes) at record pace. It was pretty hard to get back into after a year break, quite truthfully.

B got his 6 month picture taken yesterday. That darn kid- he was too cute! I was just planning on buying 1 sheet- a 5x7 to put on the photo wall, since I did the same for A's first year. Well, he decided to turn on the charm, and I got more pics than I had anticipated. Oh well, the poor boy deserves to be fawned over a little bit. It once again makes me glad that I am a firstborn.

B has now tried rice cereal (okay), oatmeal (really good), and now sweet peas (jury still out, icky looks decreased in frequency from breakfast to lunchtime). Good thing he's gaining weight nicely on breastmilk, since I barely find time to feed him even once a day. I'm sure it will get easier, as everything has over the past six months.

We're heading to my parents' land on Saturday to visit my aunt Alva Retta who drove from Maryland for a visit. Hopefully the weather will participate, and we'll be able to take a nice walk in the woods, to visit the tree we planted from Stokes and Andy's wedding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully none of those voracious Wisconsin deer have had at go at the tree. Have fun! Stokes

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog immensely. Its so great to see the kids unexpectedly. Told Dad about the site today to he will tune in from work. LOve, MOM