Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mommy is a Mommy

We were discussing A's future occupation at breakfast this morning, and she is either going to be a cookie monster or a farmer. She also thinks that I should be a farmer, and have a purple windmill. Then she decided that I shouldn't be a farmer, because I'm a mommy. "Mommy is a mommy." I guess that's true. We had a great time at a place called the Splash Pad yesterday. We met with some old (not old in that way, the kids are all two) ECFE friends and played in the spraying water, played on the adjoining playground, and ate a picnic lunch. Yesterday afternoon was an open house at A's school. We visited her classroom for a second time, said hi to Teacher Lisa again, and then visited the gym and new/improved playground. We're all really excited for the coming school year. Tomorrow, that is!

Mike is going on a fishing trip with his dad and other relatives this weekend, so I am packing the crew up and heading down to my parents' house. Bridget, Steve, and Maren are heading into town, so it will be nice to see them too. Maren apparently is quite the little talker. It will be fun to see who talks more, little B or Maren. It seems to me that they are so far apart in age (3 months, versus 6), but I was thinking about it the other day, and they'll go to kindergarten the same year, they'll get their drivers' licenses at the same time, and graduate high school, both in 2024. I hope that they see each other often while growing up, and are close cousins.

Sunday is our 7 year anniversary. My dear husband has arranged a babysitter for Sunday night, and we are going out to Oceanaire for dinner. I need to start dress shopping...

No comments: