Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Boppa and Nana

I really like this picture, because both of my parents are smiling so nicely, and they all were genuinely laughing (I don't remember about what.)
I haven't posted in quite a while, because nap time is when I usually get online, and naptime has been quite challenging lately. Also, I've had internet problems- while I was in Madison last week, cable internet was supposed to be installed, however there was a problem with running cables all over the back of our house (we didn't want to), so I went out and bought all of the components for a wireless network. Now, I need the cable guy to come back and get me hooked up! In the meantime, my dial up was disconnected, because they thought I had started with my cable- woah! I can't go a day without internet, what were they thinking?
I am writing now, in relative peace and quiet. I put A in bed, told a story about frogs, B is gnawing on his hand in the bouncy seat at my feet, and Mike is off playing softball. Today my baby is four months old! Wow, how time flies.
Tomorrow during block time, I am going to JCP to get B's four month picture taken. Then, after lunch the whole family is going for B's 4 month appointment. Should be a good time.
Saturday we are heading to Wisconsin for yet another shower for Bridget and Maren, hosted by my aunts. I think we're just going to go for the day, since nighttime away from home with A has been NOT FUN as a rule.
Although, I should give her credit for the great job she did the first time sleeping in a tent this past Saturday. We had gone down to Mike's homeland, and his mom's side of the family was camping somewhere in Jackson County. We stopped by the campsite, said hello to everyone, then headed to Sioux Falls, SD, where Mike's grandpa is in the hospital. Then we headed back to Jackson Co, got the tent set up in the dark, blew up the air mattress, got A to sleep, and sat by the campfire for awhile before hitting the sack ourselves. B only woke up once during the night to nurse, and I sat up in a camp chair inside the tent with my boppy. Boy was it cold, lifting my shirt up! I'd like to try camping again soon, but I think I'd almost want to take the plunge and get a pop up camper. Then I could haul it all around the country to all of Mike's fastpitch games... that will be a whole other story! Bye for now. I might not post again until I have cable!!! Woo hoo! Katie

No comments: