Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday's Task

My assignment for the morning was a trip to the cleaners. It's amazing how one little errand takes the whole block of time between breakfast and lunch. #1 is currently napping, after not eating any of her lovely, nutritious lunch, and #2 (unfortunate nickname) is trying to figure out how to get his whole fist in his mouth. I just put a kick piano at the foot of B's crib, to see if that will help with our current problem of early morning waking. It might not be a viable option though, because he gave a few kicks, and the toy played some musical notes, and his lower lip just jutted out in the saddest, cutest way. This happened a few times, so either he doesn't like the tunes, or it is too loud, or he might get used to it. Anyway, the sleep has been getting better. I'll nurse B around 10:30/11:00 pm, right when Mike and I go to bed. Then he wakes up to nurse around 2 or 3, and then around 5 or 6. Then he might fall asleep for about twenty minutes after the early morning nursing, but then he is absolutely wide awake. And he doesn't understand what a nice thing we've got going, with his sister sleeping until 7-7:30ish. Oh, I guess I'm just happy that he is sleeping better at night. Now we have to work on getting him to be more awake during the day.

Bridget is home alone with Maren for the first time today, as today is Steve's first day back at work. She is doing really well, other than a mention that they were going out to buy a white noise machine.

We are going to an open house at A's school tonight, to meet her teacher and see her classroom for book buddies, starting next week. Otherwise the only thing I have going on this week, other than Thirsty Thursday, is getting ready for B's baptism on Father's Day. I am excited about the cake I ordered from the Edelweiss Bakery in Prior Lake. It is called a strawberry chantilly cake, and it is a white cake with white chocolate frosting and strawberries! Yummers, as Rachael Ray would say.

Speaking of RR, does a reference to her, or the food channel in general give away the fact that I'm in my fourth decade of life? I got a haircut on Saturday, and my stylist was probably mid-twenties, and when I said I'd like my hair like Rachael's, all I got was a blank stare. I like my hair, by the way, although I avoided showering as long as possible, since she did the whole blow dry and style thing, and I can never replicate the results. My hair is so wavy after giving birth, who knows if it will stay that way. My hair is still about shoulder length, but now with long layers, and some face-framing bangs ( just like R.R.), but since I don't have a flat iron, and I didn't bother to blow dry this morning, it has bushed out, and looks pretty wild. I might have to look into this new-fangled thing called a flat iron. I'm going to be cool yet, you just wait! -K

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Definetely get the flat iron, I love mine although I should use it more than I should. Usually I use mine if I don't feel like doing the whole blow dry thing with the round brush.

Hey, you should tell Bridget to start a blog, I'd love to hear more about how she is doing.

JenyB said...

Have you read my cousin's blog? It's http://www.rachaelrayblog.blogspot.com

JenyB said...

Have you read my cousin's blog? It's http://www.rachaelrayblog.blogspot.com

JenyB said...

Have you read my cousin's blog? It's http://www.rachaelrayblog.blogspot.com