Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sneaky Mommy Tricks

I just wanted to brag about my lunchtime victory! Most of you know about A's famous picky eating; I thought I'd share with you how I try to foresee her idiosyncracies and avoid them with my cunning ways. A is alive today, pretty much because of the serving of yogurt she has at most every meal. It used to be only Yo Baby, however lately she has graduated to the Stoneyfield Farms yogurts for older kids (the pink and purple flavors only). She ate her last "yo" last night at supper, so I had to do some quick thinking for lunch today. I had bought a large tub of vanilla Stoneyfield Farms yogurt to try and get A to eat smoothies- that's a whole other story- anyway, I put some of the vanilla yogurt in a bowl, added red food coloring, stirred and presented to The Picky One. I added that she could use her dipper (this rudimentary tool for children too young for a spoon- which she has regressed to using) or fingers to eat it. This was a big selling point, since she wants to eat everything with her fingers lately. Very annoying for two clean freaks like her parents, but if it gets food in her, I don't care. So the good news is- she fell for it! Not only that, but she added some "mmm, mmm! s" which she's been providing to indicate her approval, which has been very funny and cute.

2 comments:

JenyB said...

Taking notes...adding to my 'sneaky mom' file

Danielle said...

Congratulations on outsmarting you two year old! It takes a creative mind to accomplish that feat.