Thursday, April 06, 2006

Eerie Feeling

I thought I'd try something novel today- just for funsies, I put B in his CRIB upstairs, with the monitor on, and now here I am, blogging, while both my children are in their bedrooms napping. Woah. I wrote down on a notepad, 2:15, which is when I put B in the crib, so I can keep track of the personal best record for B in a crib/chair/swing/anywhere other than being held. I put him in the baby bjorn yesterday afternoon, and that worked really well too, so at least that will be another option for the boy who loves to be held 24/7.

I brought the kids to Knollwood mall to have lunch at Panera with Danielle and her two boys, and it reminded me of my childhood. There were some coin-operated rides for toddlers in the mall, and the kids were climbing all over them. I remember when my sister and I used to go grocery shopping with my mom, that there was a ride outside the door of the store. For some mysterious reason, it was always "broken." I smiled to myself today, as I had to pull the same trick with my daughter. Hopefully she'll be as trusting of her mother as I was, and always believe that these rides are not in working order. I was nervous today, however, because another mom apparently doesn't know about this whole lying-to-your-kid trick, and she was actually putting money into these rides for her son to ride them. Not even just one- she let him ride THREE of them! What was she trying to pull- I didn't want her to blow my scam. Luckily A wasn't very observant today.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I too remember these rides were always "broken" as a child. I might have to blow your cover on this as well because I have been known to let the boys ride these. Mark started it though. My rule is that they can choose one to ride. Mark, on the other hand, will let them ride five. I've been thinking of offering Charlie an allowance, like 25 cents a week, and then he can save up and start paying for them himself, might be a fun little experiment, we'll see.