Thursday, September 17, 2009

We did it!

We have been on a rollercoaster ride.

On Tuesday, we went to look at more houses after the weekend-long negotiation on the offer for the Minnetonka house fell through. On the ride home from house hunting Tuesday (where we saw one remote possibility, and one that was close, but not quite right), Mike and I made a decision to pursue the Golden Valley house that had been in the back of our minds for a while. When I got back to PL and on to my Saved Properties list, I discovered that the Golden Valley property was nowhere to be found. Our agent confirmed our fears that the seller had accepted an offer, and that really threw me into a pit of despair.

Mike stayed up after I went to bed a complete downtrodden mess, and discovered a house that we hadn't found in our previous searches. When Mike came to bed, he mentioned to me that he was really excited about it, and I sort of remember mumbling something like, "that's nice, honey." The next morning, I woke up before the sun to drive to Roseville to attend an All Staff breakfast meeting for my new job. I told Mike he should set up a showing of this miracle house of his (I was quite skeptical of anything working out for us at this point in time). Mike, Colin, and I showed up for an 11 am showing, and by about 11:04 were both ready to sign on the dotted line. Long, long, long story short- WE MADE AN OFFER, AND IT WAS ACCEPTED!!!

So, to summarize:
- Mike finds house late at night on Tuesday, 9/15
- We go to see the house Wednesday, 9/16, 11 a.m. and make an offer
- We find out our offer was accepted Wednesday early evening

and here's the great part..... we close on September 30th!!!

I suppose you want to know about the house? Give me a call, or I'll tell more in the next post. I know, I'm awful. I have to have a little fun though. Now, who's going to have a drink (or many) with us? We've earned it.

1 comment:

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Congrats!! I hope you will be posting pictures...