Sunday, September 13, 2009

The saga continues...

We are living with my parents since leaving our home of 7 years on August 24th. Mike and I have both been fielding job opportunities and scouting out various prospects for the past two months. Mike has had some success already with consulting work. I accepted a position as a physician assistant with a group of colon and rectal surgeons on Thursday, which also happened to be our ten year wedding anniversary.

We put an offer on a home in Minnetonka on Friday evening. We heard back with a counter this morning, and are still in the midst of negotiations. My first day of work will be September 29th. Aghghhh- that's soon! I'll be working out of a clinic at the Physicians Building next to the hospital in Edina. I'm excited, and nervous all rolled into one. Mike will stay home with the munchkins, and that is one of the major reasons I feel that I can even consider returning to full time employment.

Away from the home and job front, the kids are growing like weeds! Colin turned 10 months on Friday, and climbed a flight of stairs all by himself, also on Friday. Not to be outdone, Annalise ditched the training wheels, and has been riding her bike like a champion. Bennett seems to have grown up overnight since the first few days of preschool. He really seems to like the work he's doing at school, and is getting to know his classmates, which if you know Bennett, is an essential part of adapting to a new environment.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Good luck with all the upcoming changes. We will be thinking of you guys.