Saturday, January 31, 2009

Under the Wire

I'm going to squeak out a final post for January. Anything to avoid packing- I HATE packing!!! We're leaving tomorrow morning for the Dells. We're spending 3 nights with Hope and Danielle's families in a Wilderness condo. We're crossing our fingers that nothing like last year's freak ear infection for Annalise happens this year. That was no fun at all!

We went to Ramsey Fine Arts elementary open house on Tuesday. It is weird to be looking at schools- I can't believe we have a daughter who is approaching school-age. Before the school visit, we stopped at Pepito's for a quick supper. Annalise was so excited to hear the employees speaking spanish. She whispered to me, "I want to say hola or adios!!!!" So on the way out, I lifted Annalise up to counter-height, and in a clear, loud, very uncharacteristic voice for her, she said, "adios!" to the man behind the counter, and he replied likewise. She was beaming! I was so proud that she experimented with being outgoing (and in a foreign language to boot!).

Bennett asked me yesterday when he could drive a rocket. I told him at least 20 years, when he's finished college and gone through NASA's training program, and he didn't even sound discouraged. He talks everyday about the Little Einstein's rocket birthday party he is going to have (Feb 28).

Colin is growing like a weed!!! He is much more comfortable in 3-6 month sleepers, and can actually stretch his legs out fully, since I stopped being in denial about his size and stuffing him into 0-3 month. He has given us some very nice spurts of sleep in the evening/night. We'll see what he thinks of waterparks this week...

No comments: