Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Down on the Farm

Do you spy little B in the garden? Posted by Picasa
We had a nice time at Grandpa and Grandma F's this weekend. We took the pop up camper down to rest for the winter in the machine shed (after one last night of camping in the back yard on Saturday). We spent some fun time in the garden picking eggplant, bell peppers, green beans, raspberries, cucumbers, and tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes galore!
Some of you may have already known that I was a bit nervous to be traveling far from home, as I reached 35 weeks gestation on Sunday, and that is when I had Bennett unexpectedly. The weekend went off without a hitch, and now I am safely sticking around home for the duration of this pregnancy.
Except today; I was a parent chaperone for the Little Flowers field trip to Apple Jack's apple orchard in Delano! I can't believe my baby is old enough for the 4 year old and up field trips now. We had a nice time learning about pollination, sampling apples, cider, and apple spice donuts, and taking a wagon ride through the orchard, but boy oh boy it was COLD! Luckily we were prepared, and wore our coats, hats, mittens, and Annalise even had on her scarf. Bennett had a nice morning at home, playing trains with Grandma.
The rest of the week is filled with stuff: I volunteer at Blooma tonight, Mike is headed off on a work trip on Wednesday morning-Thursday, the kids have a dentist appointment on Thursday (Bennett's first time), and other things which escape me right now. And of course TV- our tivo is filling up already, we are going to have to start discerning what merits high def, and what we can watch 20th century-style.

No comments: