Thursday, January 10, 2008

52


That's the temperature in our house today. We came home from ordering our carpet last night, and the house was frigid. Our pilot light went out. We bundled the kids for bed, and had our first fire in the fireplace this season. We did okay through the night. Bennett and I are layered today, wearing hats and I'm wrapped up in a scarf. Centerpoint gave us a window of between 8 and 2, and sure enough someone just called saying that the tech would be here around 2:15.

On a happy note, our countertop and farmsink is in the works, and should be ready in about a week, we ordered our carpet, sconces, and chandelier last night, and Saturday is tiling day. This is the fun part-seeing everything finally come together!

Now I have to stop typing, because I can't feel my fingertips, and my nose is running away from me.....

1 comment:

cynthia said...

What all is going in the "new" basement? A kitchen? A dining room? A second living quarter? Sounds interesting!