Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Jumping back in

Okay, here I go. I'm just going to start typing. I don't really know what happened, but the longer it's been since I've posted, the harder it seems to sit down and note what's happening in our lives. First of all, the way I've lost 11 pounds pretty closely resembles Weight Watchers Core program. It goes like this: eat all the fruits and vegetables you want (no dried fruit or fruit juice), broth-type soup, fat free cheese/plain sugar free yogurt/skim milk, eggs, lean cuts of meat, and brown rice/potatoes/whole wheat pasta one meal per day. No bread, no sugar, no alcohol. No full-strength Mountain Dew!! Take a multivitamin daily and drink 8 glasses of water. It's going really well because Mike and I are both following the guidelines, so we eat the same foods for meals, and enjoy luscious 94% fat free microwave popcorn for snacks. Now I need to add an exercise component to the plan.

I posted a very long time ago about my concern regarding B's privates....well, we took him to a pediatric urologist on the 2nd, and he will be undergoing bilateral orchiopexy at Childrens' West on Nov. 2nd. The procedure seems very straight forward, and Mike and I both really liked the surgeon; my only point of apprehension is that B will be under general anesthesia. It sounds as if his recovery will be pretty quick- he should be up and running (or as close to running as Bennett comes) a week after surgery, and hopefully will just need a staggered dosing of motrin and tylenol to cover his incision pain. He's supposed to wear two diapers to protect the incision sites from falls, car seat straps, etc. and I got some Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers for post-op. They are so soft, and cute; I really think B will like wearing them.

Annalise starts 4 sessions of swimming lessons tonight. Mike is going to take her so they have a fun father/daughter activity. I've been busy working on the kids' Halloween costumes- they are coming along well.

I'm going out tomorrow night with the moms from B's ECFE class, and I'm really looking forward to it (I will not be sticking to the Core plan for the evening). Friday, the kids are off from school (B for MEA, and A for NAMTA (N. American Montessori Teachers Assoc.) meetings. My mom and I are going to do something fun with them, and then Mike and I get to run around for a few hours, doing basement-remodeling related errands, while Mom and Dad babysit.

There, that wasn't so bad. I will try to post more regularly. I haven't been taking many pictures lately- the kids just aren't cute anymore, I guess. :)

p.s. The basement is coming along- cabinetry will be ordered probably by Monday, and we are ready to get the drywall going.

1 comment:

Hope said...

I've missed Milk and O's blog updates. Sounds like things are going well at the the F house.