Friday, August 25, 2006

Two Minute Drill


Okay, let's get you up to speed. Sorry I've been away- I'm still reeling from my fastpitch overload week. Mike's season ended just after noon on Monday, when they lost 3-2 to earn 4th place in the 2006 NAFA world series. We got home Monday night, and I should have just taken the entire contents of the Pilot and thrown it in the washing machine, as a film of softball dust has enveloped us all.

Tuesday was a busy day; my cousin's wife Nok and I were grocery shopping to prepare for a Thai cooking class which we held at Danielle's house on Tuesday night. Nok is an amazing cook, and she made seven dishes for our Thai feast. We started cooking (actually, having a glass of wine, and mostly watching Nok cook) at 7, and didn't sit down to eat (gorge ourselves) until 10! The photo on the left shows a dish of cashew chicken which I made Wednesday night, after learning the secrets of Thai cooking on Tuesday night.

Wednesday and Thursday were catch up days for me. My mom came over and she and A had a great time playing in the back yard. I'm glad she was around, because taking care of B has been a full time job the past few days. He's been so fussy and uncomfortable, and has just been taking little catnaps throughout the day. I was worried that maybe he was fussy because of the spicy Thai food I had on Tuesday night. I've eaten Nok's cooking before though, without B having any problems.

Then I made a discovery! When I went into B's room around 6 am Thursday morning, his hands were cold, so I changed his nappy (I love that British term) and put him in a thick fleece sleep sack. He slept until I had to wake him to leave the house at 10 am! So I put him in the sleep sack last night too, and I had to pump at 6:30 this morning because I hadn't nursed him AT ALL during the night, the last feeding being around 10 pm! So now I think the whole time he's been waking up at night it's been because he was cold. Or not, who knows...

Mike's parents and sister Sarah came to stay with us last night. Sarah is showing a hog at the state fair. She had her competition at 8 this morning. We'll get to the fair one of these days, I'm just not sure which day yet. Tomorrow night Mike and I are going to go out for our friend Eric's birthday. His favorite cover band, Orange Whip, is playing at a bar, and since we have in-house babysitting this weekend, we are going to take advantage and stay out late!!! Woo hoo. We'll see if we're not sleeping with our foreheads on the bar by midnight.

No comments: