Sunday, August 20, 2006

Top Five in North America!

Today was a LONG day. We just got back from the ballfield. Mike's team fought their way into the top 5 teams of the tournament, by winning 4 games in a row today, starting at 11:30 am. There were times when things were going smoothly, when B was napping in the stroller and A was busy with markers and paper. There were other times when I wanted to be anywhere but in charge of my two wailing progeny. The wives of the other players who have older kids were sitting on the top row of the bleachers, tipping back some cold ones, and having a good laugh at my expense... not really, they were just amused by my exasperated facial expressions as I pushed the stroller around for another walk around the ball park. They think I would have done better if I'd started drinking- I think it would have just made me want to cry. The softball wives are also an inspiration to me, someday I can sit on the top bleacher and enjoy a frosty adult beverage while my children run around on the playground, and bring foul balls back to the umpires for a quarter each.

Tomorrow will be an early one- at the ball park for the first game at 8 am. Wish us luck!!! I told Mike we'd get NAFA t-shirts for the kids, and we'd take our picture with the trophy for our Christmas card if they won the whole thing! That's quite a concession on my part, if you know how I am about my Christmas card photo.

See you when we get back to MN!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You are a SAINT!! Tell you husband to schedule that spa day now!