Monday, February 27, 2006

Wobby

Today A and I were out running some errands, and our last stop was to be the library. I should have been suspicious when at 11:40, I pulled into the parking lot and had my choice of spots, but I got A out of her carseat anyway, and we proceeded to the front door. The darn library isn't open until 1:00 pm on Mondays!!! A was ramping up, and full hysterics were on the way. Over and over, she kept saying "wobby, wobby (library, duh)." Accompanied by big tears rolling down her face. Now that's a meltdown a mommy can be proud of- her kid just wants to get to the library, and feed her love of books. My librarian friend B would be proud. I salvaged the situation by quickly driving to the nearest Hennepin County library, and we got a good supply of books for the week. Although we couldn't find any good Max and Ruby books, which A was requesting the whole drive to the library, "Max, max, max..."

The deadline for getting A sleeping in the big girl room is Wednesday, March 1st. Mike is going to touch up the paint today, and I bought curtain rods this morning, so we are well on our way. I'm pretty nervous about the first night we try her in her bed, but I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

No comments: