Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baby Update

I had an appointment with the midwife on Friday, during which she detected an irregular heartbeat with the Doppler. I had a NST (non-stress test) where we listened to a longer segment of baby's heartbeat, and the midwife was pleased with it. I'm measuring right on, and everything else is looking good. Today we went for an ultrasound, where they were specifically looking for any structural abnormalities in the heart. Baby had several PACs (premature atrial contractions) [which are very common, and usually resolve on their own], but the cardiac chambers and vessels all looked normal. I then had another NST, and the radiologist wants me to have another on Friday (and weekly until baby is born). One really cool thing the sonographer pointed out was that #3 has hair. I could have told you that with the intensity of my heartburn, but nice to be validated.

No comments: