Sunday, March 09, 2008

Birthday Party Aftermath

I was called out once again on not having timely blog posts, so here goes: Bennett had a great birthday party. The cousins had a lot of fun playing, the pickup truck cake was a hit, and Bennett enjoyed opening his presents. The rest of the week consisted of a dentist visit for the three older family members, a resulting referral to Dentistry for Children and Adolescents following said attempt at dental visit, B's music class, a return to Little Gym for A on Thursday, accompanying my mom to her first pedicure ever, prior to their cruise on Saturday, and a parent/teacher conference at Little Flowers on Friday. The family met E,K, and C at Chevy's for a Happy Hour on Friday evening. Annalise and I returned to The Little Gym on Saturday for a trial of adventure summer camp, and today A and I went to her friend Alma's 4th birthday party.
The rest of the weekend consisted of getting the juice running in the basement- we are now LIT UP! I think we chose our lighting wisely- it's just the right amount. The undercabinet lights look really nice against the tin ceiling panel backsplash. Even bigger news- the TV works! We got it plugged in downstairs and hooked up the Wii.
The birthday crew consisted of Bennett, Annalise, Maren, Christine, Cody, and Adryen.

1 comment:

Stokes said...

Looooove the cake! Reminds me of the ones my Betty-Crocker-Homemaker-of-the-Year mom used to make for us when we were little. I remember a Raggedy Ann cake and a Panda Bear cake for me - an old fashioned car for Brent, and a huge fishing lure cake for my dad (with treble hooks, even). Maybe you should apply for BCHOTY - I bet it comes with some sweet rewards.