Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm Back in Business

Hey all, thanks for all of your comments on the blog, good study vibes sent my way, and patience as I slowly make my way back to normalcy. Studying for the board exam was one of the hardest things I've done since PA school. I don't have any idea how people with children make it through graduate programs and the like. I missed my family so much while I was holed up in the library studying. What a Labor Day weekend. My most efficient day of studying was actually on Labor Day. After trying out Border's (because the library was closed) and finding it was way too noisy, I headed to my parents' house, because they were away for the weekend. It was just like high school, although I never studied like that in high school. The PANRE was arduous, but six hours later, I was headed home with an okay feeling in my gut. There were plenty of questions where I had to guess (I'm a pretty good guesser), and so many things I could have told "them" all about if only they had asked, but all in all I'm feeling pretty good about the exam. And also very glad I don't have to think about it again for the next six years.




Now I am once again the most qualified armchair commentator on our favorite medical (?/!)shows, like Grey's Anatomy, House, and ER (yes, we still have 16 episodes left to enjoy).

We received some sad news early Wednesday morning that Mike's Grandpa had died. We headed down to the Okabena/Lakefield area on Friday after school for the wake. The funeral was on Saturday. Annalise was complaining about her ear hurting while we were having lunch in the church basement. We thought maybe that was her way of complaining about how loud it was (there were 350 people at Grandpa's funeral), and headed home to change clothes and nap. She was becoming more and more upset about her ears, and a dose of Motrin and a call to Blue Cross about an out of town visit later, we found ourselves at the urgent care in Worthington. Sure enough, A's first ear infection turned out to be a double ear infection! We got her amoxicillin prescription filled at the Walgreen's in town, and headed out to Uncle Dave's to visit more with family. She really was fine after that first dose of Motrin, and we were quite lucky to have made the decision to head to urgent care, for it closed an hour after our visit.

I told you I was going to fill you in on Bennett's 18 month well child visit. He weighed in at only the 15th percentile for weight. The NP sent him for a hip xray, (even though he had been walking for a whole day before the appointment!), just as a precaution, and it was negative for hip dysplasia. He is also going to see a pediatric urologist because his left testis is not descended as much as she'd like. B's been walking more and more, but still looks like a little Parkinson's patient.

Bennett and I had our first ECFE class together on Friday. It was really nice to finally have some time to play just with B. He had a great time discovering playdoh, and my guilt waxes and wanes throughout the interaction period, as I realize I never exposed him to various things (like playdoh-which A had been playing with for months by his age). Oh well, it's good that we have our time together now.

I'm working on shooting some video of the little walker, and I'll post the salad recipe I mentioned later today.
P.S. to my amazing husband of eight years, Happy Anniversary Sweetheart.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Happy Anniversary! Although I know the perfect love needs no such wishes.