Monday, September 10, 2007

Yummy Salad

While I'm not thrilled with the name of the recipe (it actually says Yummy Salad), it is a great salad- the salad which brought me back to salads after an almost 4 year hiatus. I experienced my first bout of morning sickness while eating a salad, hence no more salad. I am also told that picky eater extraordinaire Chad Hudrlik enjoyed this salad, which I brought to share at the last meeting of the Ya-Ya's (and husbands).

Yummy Salad Serves 6-8

1 bag romaine lettuce
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup Craisins (or more, can't go wrong with Craisins)
1 cup unsalted cashew pieces (or salted, can't go wrong with salt)
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 apple, cubed
1 pear, cubed (I used a red pear for color)

Dressing:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup lemon juice
2/3 cup oil (I think I used olive oil)

Combine dressing in a blender. Dress salad (duh).

2 comments:

Stokes said...

Does this mean that I'm a Ya-ya??? Is that a good thing?

Hope said...

Hey, thanks for posting the salad. I am going to make it for my sister's shower. It really is yummy.