Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tiny Dancer




Annalise is going to be an "ice dancing teacher" when she grows up. She has been pushing to get started with dance classes, and in order to fulfill the prerequisites that are necessary to be a successful ice dancing teacher, we signed her up for a ballet class. I have no experience with this culture, as I only remember attending a little community education dance class, and no exposure to any of the fancy (expensive) costumes and mandatory dance recitals that go hand in hand with formal dance instruction.

We all went the first night to check out what ballet class was all about, but as it was right after supper, it was not the best experience for the younger observers (and therefore for their mother) since bedtime is when it is for a reason. Last week, Mike and Bennett took her to class, and Colin and I had a wonderful time one on one, with a walk and some playground time. I'm excited to see how she's progressed, when I take her to class next week. She is loving it so far, and we are glad that she's found something she likes so much.


p.s. This was a wonderful post, until I had to change around some pictures, and my text was erased. So after getting really frustrated trying to recapture my Mrs. Dad-like prose, I just slapped the gist of it up there, and I'm done with it. Arhghghghghh.

1 comment:

Dori said...

We hope she proves to be a little more graceful than her maternal g'ma!