Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blah, blah, blah, ...., blah, blah, blah

That is what my voice must sound like to children under the age of 6. Total Charlie Brown teacher voice. You think B is sucking his thumb in this picture? Wrong. It is actually him giving me the 4 1/2 year old finger. Take that Mr. Mom. In your face Mr. Mom. I'll verbally spar with C all day if I want to Mr. Mom. I scoff at being sent to my room Mr. Mom. I'm the alpha male of this house Mr. Mom. Then just when you are done, he gives you the face, and you daddy melt and all is o.k. again. This kid is awesome and I love him to death. I just don't like him all the time.

Sorry. Just had to get that off my overly hairy chest. Hey blogoshpere. Mr. Mom is back after a long layoff due to intensive psychotherapy.

Summer was bonkers, but school is now in session for all 3 FroderFive children. A is the big 1st grader, B is in Year 2 at LFM, and C started ECFE today at 9:30 a.m. Only instead of Mrs. Dad shepherding the way through cushy Edina ECFE, it is now Mr. Mom driving the bus through the murky uncharted waters of lowly Eden Prairie ECFE. Look out Eden Prairie moms. There's a new sheriff in town. Only dad in the class of 15 wonderful 19-24 month olds. Burping, farting, and scratching instruction takes place next Thursday. After that, it is on to football play diagramming, muskie lure selection, scotch tasting, cigar sniffing, and other various topics as the year progresses.

Thanks to all who have made the summer of 2010 a huge success. Mrs. Dad - Top notch wifery. Fastpitch softball - once again great work. Valparaiso, IN - very well done. MN state fair - terrific. I could go on and on. And I will. Stay tuned .......

4 comments:

Mom M said...

Glad you are back Mr Mom. Great Post!!!
I do love hearing from you to Mrs Dad
It was good to see you both last weekend.
Jan

Stokes said...

He's baaaaccckkkk!! Yeah!

I don't think I need to send my elder son away to any ECFE-Froder-fart-camp. He's a verified, card carrying member of the F.A.R.T. club. This kid is full of gas! "Big toot, mommy - He-he-he-he-he-he". "Did daddy toot?" All day long. Any noises from the little one... "Toot, mommy?" No, Ben, just a little cry.

Danielle said...

Welcome Back :)

Jodi Stilp said...

again, hilarious! I'll sign up for the burping, farting and scratching classes. Maybe Curt can co-teach it with you.