Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm Sure Dad Tastes Bad

Life is grand here in the posh and toney suburbs. While the schools in the old 'hood were in lockdown mode for a few days last week, we were none the wiser. Mr. Mom is anxious to hear the insider scoop from our informant at the MPD. Was it overblown media hyped craziness or has this city finally/officially arrived in hades?

The FroFamily euphoria experienced during the winter olympics has finally melted away. And with the torrential downpours over the last few days, so has the bobsled/luge/skeleton inspired track we made in the backyard for AB&C to begin training for the 2026 Olympics. Never too early, right? I'm thinking of trying to join them by beginning a curling career. Mr. Mom needs something in the winter to offset summer softball. You know, yin and yang. Listen to those Chinese. An unbelievably wise people. Plus, I heard those rebel curlers like their post-match beverages. And from what I saw, I could totally get away with playing in sweatpants. Did anyone catch the Norwegian team's clown pants? After seeing those, it is clear anything goes on the curling sheet.

That leaves me with the latest golden nugget I've mined from our children. Again it comes from our beloved B. Scene: Mrs. Dad and A were attending a 6 year-old birthday party leaving Mr. Mom home with the boys. We are playing with cars and trains and out of the blue B delivers this: "Dad, I don't think a crocodile would like to eat you because you'd taste like beer. But I hope I don't ever see a crocodile because it would like me. I taste like candy." So many things to glean from this quote. As Mike Myers/Linda Richman would say on SNL Coffee Talk, "Discuss."

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Um Mike, are you just like beering it up all the time???? I mean jeez, the amount of comments your kids make about your beer drinking makes me consider calling social services!

;-)

That's me winking at you if you don't understand emoticon language.