Saturday, March 13, 2010

Destination: Boston- Mike and Katie on the Freedom Trail

Grandpa F drove us to the airport bright and early on Saturday, February 27, and our eastcoast adventure was underway. Certain persons staying at the homefront were skeptical, as they heard tell about The Greatest Storm to Ever Hit America!! But surprisingly, the conference was not called off, the electricity was fully functioning at Logan, and the flight was not at all delayed. So this sassy photo, albeit blurry was snapped at the airport with the iPhone as proof of our survival.

We LOVE Boston! Some years back, Mike and I had been in Boston for a national PA conference B.K. Mike had the best week, bellying up to the oyster bar, and meandering through Boston Commons while I was holed up in the convention center all day. We again stayed at the lovely Park Plaza, and received a room upgrade- nice! We immediately walked across the street, and had the most scrumptious lunch at Legal Seafoods, where I unexplicably lost my new black microfiber hat (only $4 at Kohl's- but still!) when I think it was cleared from the table with the black linen napkins. Having nothing to do but wait until morning for our roadtrip to New Hampshire, we had made the luxurious decision to do something that is not at all commonplace in our current lifestyle- we went to a movie in the theatre! But this is what put us over the top, luxury-wise: with full bellies, no desire to go clubbing, and no agenda whatsoever, we decided to stroll down the Freedom Trail, and then- we went to another movie! (Shutter Island and Valentine's Day, since this blog now serves as my peripheral memory bank) What a great day! It is one that I will savor for quite some time.

Next up- in search of a diner, drive-in, or dive...

1 comment:

Jodi Stilp said...

I have FOND memories of that Boston conference. It was the bomb. Baby Grant and I walked the Freedom Trail for hours on end and went to Legal Seafood and to Starbucks etc. etc. So much walking that I put myself into early labor with Kaitlin. I'm jealous! Enjoy your time with your hubby.