Saturday, January 09, 2010

Happy New Year!


Christmastime 2009


Scooter Fun!
So many books, so little time!
Alright, you'll have to settle for my unimpressive narrative, since Mr. SuperDaddyFace hasn't posted since last year. Ha ha! Love that joke! My goal is to get the blog back to 'I'm sooo busy with my one child and pregnancy' days, and have at least 100 posts per year. I'd better get crackin'.
1. Christmas
Christmas was nice for the party of five. We felt guilty for awhile that we did not attempt to make it down south for Mike's family's Christmas celebration, but after the whole day spent in our jammies and playing with the newly-acquired loot, we got over it. We did finally have our Christmas on the farm over New Year's weekend. Although I only had Christmas eve and day, and New Year's day off from work, it was nice to get away from work for awhile.
2. New Healthy Eating Plan
The hubby and I are again joining forces to lose all of our "baby weight" (can you call it that when the baby is 13 months?). We started our new diet, based on my old Weight Watchers Core reference materials on January 1. I lost 6 pounds in the first week! I was so excited at my first weigh-in. It was exactly the encouragement I needed to stick with it. At some point, we need to add some type of exercise program, but we're taking baby steps for now. I really miss my yoga, but I haven't yet figured out where it fits in our new routine.
I am so excited to see where this new year takes us. 2009 was a rollercoaster ride, with a great finish! I hope to keep learning in my surgery job, and in my job as mommy, for that matter. I'm excited to see Colin's personality blossom, as he is starting to communicate so much more with grunts, points, and coy looks. I can't believe that our "middle" is turning four soon, and it's hard to believe that there will be a Kindergarten graduation in our near future. We are anxious to dig in to some house projects, but need to patiently wait for finances to get in order. I'm excited to experience an E.P. spring and summer, since fall and winter have been great so far.

2 comments:

Jodi Stilp said...

love the blog decor and all the cute pictures! WAY to go on your weigh in! What a great start. You can do it.

JenyB said...

Love the photos.