Thursday, December 10, 2009

All through the house, not a creature was stirring...

I'm home for a short bit before heading out to catch the kids' swimming lesson. It is so rare nowadays that I find myself home alone, and I am enjoying it. Shug is happy to see me. I left work, as there was not much going on, and I am getting ready for an avalanche of work to hit on Monday, when I am scheduled to start seeing patients of my own in clinic. I didn't even know what to do with myself when I decided to leave, and all I thought of was getting home, even though I knew no one would be here to greet me.

I am having a bit of trouble removing myself from the day to day details of home life, and am sure that it is wearing on my patient husband. Not to mention being exhausting for me, since it was all I could do to handle everything when it was my only job, and now I've added full time employment on top of it. It's a tricky situation, because although I am not home overseeing the kids as my primary job, I still have the job of mother. Thanks for letting me vent. Everything else is great. I'm still loving work, the house is all decorated for Christmas, the kids are having a good time in school and swimming lessons, and Colin is full of pointing and grunts and working so hard to communicate with us. He's quite the little personality- and so in love with his siblings.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You are doing great Katie, you'll get this stuff figured out, one step at a time. Glad you had some solitude at home.