Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What do we like to do?

When I try to remember 2009 years and years from now, I know I won't remember the day to day activities that filled our summer days. I love how simply the kids are entertained, and wanted to record for prosperity some of our favorite things to do right now. On Friday night as I tucked Annalise into bed, I asked what she would like to do on Saturday. Her answers were swimming in the pools in the backyard, and listening to "our Raffi music" on the computer. The kids can spend all morning just lying on the floor of the office, listening to the Car Music for Kids mix I made for them on iTunes, which is made up of Raffi, Lauri Berkner, the soundtracks from Ratatouille and Stand by Me, Jack Johnson, and some of Mike's golden oldies from the 50's. Something else I recently discovered, which keeps them occupied and thoroughly entertained for a long time is watching clips of musicals/showtunes on you tube. They watched Make 'em Laugh from Singin' in the Rain (the bonk one, as B refers to it) over and over and over... and laughed hysterically every time. Today the kids have eaten breakfast and watched you tube. The rest of my proclaimed Laundry/Stay at Home day has been comprised of playing with the transportation box, listening to Annalise read us books, and now (late, late, late) it is lunchtime.

1 comment:

El Jefe said...

Pablo loves Make Em Laugh. It's his fave from the film. He says he is Cosmo when we watch it. I have to play RF as Doodles takes Don and Mama plays Kathy. We took him to the musical in Santo Pablo, too. Tons of fun.