Monday, June 15, 2009

Future Realtors?




The kids have been so good since the house has gone on the market. They are so understanding when I run around picking up and hand brushing the carpet behind me up the stairs, and have been really good at going with the flow. I think it might be getting to Annalise though: today I came up the stairs and caught her looking out the front window to the sidewalk below. She was watching a couple walking their dog past our house. She cupped her hands against the closed window and cried, "take a flyer, take a flyer..." as they strolled by!

We were at our first fastpitch tournament this weekend in St. Charles, Minnesota. It was at a beautiful city park, with plenty of shade and park equipment, and a good concession stand. We stayed overnight Saturday at a Springhill Suites (Marriot) in Rochester, which Annalise can't stop mentioning. Mike's aunt Edith stopped by the hotel on Saturday night to chat, and also came to the game on Sunday to watch Mike play, and spend some time with the kids.

Annalise and Bennett started the summer session of ice skating lessons on Tuesday evening. B's first lesson went very well, although he could have used some mittens, since he HATES touching cold things. He avoided putting his hands on the ice to help get himself up on his feet again after taking a spill. Too bad I packed all the winter wear in the storage pod- who knew?

A and B have had two days of Book Buddies, and are really enjoying the class, not to mention each other's company. A class for three to five year olds was such a great find! Colin has been getting lots of attention, and loving being held in child care, and I have been enjoying my chai and newspaper, as well as a haircut the first Friday, and shopping at Williams Sonoma last week.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh, Annalise is soo funny, I love it!

Hope said...

I love that picture of Annalise!