Thursday, March 19, 2009

Final Five weekend

It's that time again! And par for the course, I am both soooo ready to get away and watch some hockey, and it's also the worst time to escape life's responsibilities. I am finally starting to feel better after a two day mysterious intestinal ailment, which caused Mike to stay home from work the past two days and cover for me. Colin has been sleeping very poorly, and Bennett has been up to his usual "I don't like my bed" tactics. Annalise has been running a 102 fever the past few nights, but only during the night, and then wakes up rarin' to go.

On Sunday, Mike and I were very pleased to stand up as Laurel's godparents at her baptism. We went to Bridget and Steve's afterwards for a taco bar, chips, guacamole, and baptismaritas! Now that's what I call a baptism. I'm still thinking about the amazing chocolate chocolate cake from Edelweiss Bakery. I'm glad my sister picked up my tradition of getting a really fancy cake for baptisms.

Sunday night, we once again played musical beds- taking the crib apart and moving it back to the nursery. Now A and B are together in the green room, with the bunk bed and Mike's childhood twin bed, and they are doing really well together so far. I'm planning on decorating both rooms with very neutral decor so at any time we could have any combination of kids in rooms, depending on who needs his/her own room. I hope it stays this way for at least a while though, because moving furniture is hard work! And I didn't even consider moving the contents of the closets.

Bridget and Co. are coming over tonight to watch the kids for the night game, and Mike's parents will be coming tomorrow morning to cover the rest of the weekend. I have to keep up my pumping, to make sure I have enough bottles to cover the whole tournament. Oh, what a super fan.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I love that you guys watched a ton of sports this weekend as well. It just happened to be a different sport. We had a friend and Todd's mom watch Meadow for us so we could head to the men's NCAA Div I basketball first and second rounds. Minneapolis was also one of the hosts as well. Hope you got to see some exciting games.