Thursday, June 14, 2007

I've Been Released

I am done with jury duty. I was not chosen as a jurist (long story- can't tell you anyway), but now I am SOOOO curious about the case. I'll be reading the Metro section like a mad woman. We (9 or so of us) were excused from the rest of our jury duty- tomorrow and all of next week. I'm torn- glad to be done, and to have no complications in figuring out our trip to Green Bay this weekend, and also a feeling of being rejected. I think most of you know how I am fueled by wanting to be liked and accepted by anyone and everyone. It was such an interesting experience. I can't wait to re-enter the world! It was really fun being downtown- it reminded me of my summer job during jr/sr years of high school, when I was downtown everyday. I think I got just a bit of a glimpse into Mike's experience, where you are away from your kids all day, and then have just a few hours to bond with them before bedtime. I missed them so much! So much more than I thought I would- I didn't miss having to think of what to make for lunches though; that is my least favorite aspect of my job.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeaaaaa!!! So can you tell us why you were excused? Did you have to tell them about your friends cop husband?

Hope said...

I can't wait to hear the story. I understand that you are now obsessed with this case. Hope to see you soon.