Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Little Dipper

It took three children, to have one who discovered the fun of toilets. I was in the bathroom with Colin at the exact moment he kindled his fascination... I had just flushed, and he was pointing at the swirling water, and listening to the filling tank, pointing, and saying his little pigeon sound- ooh, ohh. I closed the lid of the toilet. He was holding an empty plastic Ikea bowl; my back was turned as I washed hands at the sink, then plop! Giggle, giggle...he swished the bowl around in the water. I fished the bowl out of the bowl, saying 'yucky, no!', closed the lid, and turned to put the blue bowl in the sink. Turning around to the sound of more delightful squeals, I saw my youngest son creating a whirlpool current with his cupped hand, and as I lurched across the room toward him, pudgy palm went to lips- lovely, sweet toilet water, then a six-toothed grin.










No comments: