Sunday, April 04, 2010

Mount Washington Resort

Mike and I had such a nice time at the Mount Washington. It had a really interesting history, and lots of black and white photos depicting good old times of yesteryear. Parents magazine rated it as a top family ski resort, and we both agreed that it would be a wonderful family trip sometime in our future. On the other hand, it also reminded us of the hotel in The Shining.
The conference I attended was really interesting, and germane to my new position, and I learned a lot. I met a nice group of PAs and NPs that I had dinner with on Sunday night, and again later in the week. Mike enjoyed doing nothing, except for one day when he hit the slopes. Another day, we took the chairlift to the top of the peak where there was a restaurant for lunch. It was just a little strange to be riding the lift down the ski hill, and having the operator stop the lift for us to step off. I would have liked to take snowboarding lessons, but we weren't able to fit it all in. Oh well, another time I guess.
Our trip back to Boston, and our flight back home was uneventful. Many thanks again to our wonderful babysitters. It sounds by all accounts as if the kids and grandparents all had a really nice time.

No comments: