Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year especially, Thanksgiving was really meaningful. It finally feels like things are settling down and fitting into place after the upheaval that was our summer. It was also fantastic to have four days with my family! I am so thankful for our family and friends, our health, employment, and our home.
We went to my parents' for the noon meal on Thursday, and Bridget and Steve's bunch was there as well. Colin was a wild man for stuffing. I should add however, that my Grandma J's recipe for stuffing is not typical- it is hamburger-based. Annalise is still a fan of cranberry sauce, and now likes pumpkin pie. On Friday morning, well, actually after lunch, we headed down to Okabena. We had a nice time with Mike's parents, although it was busy as usual. The kids really liked sitting in the combine with Grandpa, and Annalise was really good at driving it too! It is good to be home, and I think I'm ready for a 5 day work week. More pictures soon!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My Dad was commenting on Grandma's stuffing recipe at Thanksgiving also and said he was going to get it from your mom for next year. That's funny!!